Video Exchange Hub
You Maintain Control & Security
VX allows you to keep your VTC systems securely behind your firewall and provides controlled mobile access for employees, partners and suppliers.
Video Exchange Hub makes it easy to reach outside your enterprise to connect with clients, partners, suppliers and remote employees that are critical to your business success.
Video Exchange Hub is a B2B video exchange service that enables you to cost effectively connect your business VTC equipment with a growing global community of business video users with Cisco/Tandberg, Polycom or LifeSize VTC equipment. Adding ViewMe mobile clients will provide true mobility access to your video conferencing assests without buying more video infrastructure.
VX provides a video communications “Exchange” that interconnects private, carrier and public video networks to businesses with Cisco/Tandberg, Polycom or LifeSize equipment.
VX offers secure, B2B and mobile video calling worldwide. Joining VX is simple, secure and very cost effective. VX supports every type of video system, High definition (HD) , standard definition (SD), desktop and mobile video.
You can choose to register an entire video network infrastructure or VTC, rooms, or just mobile clients. For service providers and enterprise network managers, connecting is simple, secure, non-disruptive and includes several access options to meet your requirements.
VX helps 9,200 telepresence, video systems and mobile video clients connect worldwide daily. Through partnerships with IP service providers you can also connect with hundreds of public video rooms.
Companies can connect to the VX across the internet using
- H.460 Trunk Link from inside gatekeepers to Stratus gatekeepers
- Secure VPN links between standalone rooms and Stratus gatekeepers
Phone Numbering and Mapping
- Each VX connection provides phone numbers for up to 10 endpoints, rooms and/or MCUs. Phone numbers can have static IP addresses assigned if needed.
- VX supports standards based video equipment from Cisco/Tandberg, Polycom or LifeSize. VX can be tested for support of other standards based equipment as needed.
VX Connection Senarios
- Inside gatekeeper – connection is via H.460 trunk link to Stratus gatekeeper. Rooms and endpoints can be assigned phone numbers that are mapped to the URI or IP address of the device.
- Outside Gatekeeper or MCU – connection is the mapping of phone numbers to physical rooms and/or endpoints with VTC equipment or virtual rooms in the MCU.
- No gatekeeper equipment – each room and/or endpoint is registered to Stratus gatekeeper and assigned a phone number.
- Direct registration – connection is a direct registration of the endpoint, room or MCU to the Stratus gatekeeper. Device will have a phone number and can have a static IP address if needed.